In today's episode of the Learn to Code With Me podcast, I talk with Anthony Delgado. Anthony started his career as an online entrepreneur and taught himself how to code on the job. Throughout his different positions, he developed a desire for creating new things. He now works as at websignia, a digital innovation agency.
In our conversation, Anthony describes his extended learning process. Many of his skills emerged out of necessity. As projects landed in front of him, he taught himself how to solve each problem. Eventually, his passion for learning opened up new opportunities and led him to where he is today.
The lessons Anthony learned on his journey into tech are valuable. He speaks about his experiences in bootcamp and at hackathons. He stresses the importance of meeting new people and stepping outside your comfort zone. For those of you who love new tech, you'll appreciate his enthusiasm for his favorite tech tools. Ultimately, you will be motivated by Anthony's success in achieving his goals.
- Learning out of necessity is a good way to pick up new skills. Don't be intimidated by a problem. Figure out the solution.
- If your website is image or video heavy, run a CDN. You will optimize your site's performance and create a better user experience overall.
- If you're a developer and you want to create cool things, check out Twilio's tech.
- Networking with people and trying new things is important. You'll find new opportunities in unexpected places if you keep your eyes open.
- Don't let imposter syndrome scare you. Everybody struggles. Working with and helping people helps you get better too.
- To increase your skills, grow confidence, and build new things, go to hackathons.
Links and mentions from the episode:
- Lean Startup
- Y Combinator
- Rutgers Coding Bootcamp
- Email Anthony at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anthony on LinkedIn
Get this episode's transcript!
Sign-up below to gain access to this episode's transcript!
Enter you email address below to gain access to this episode's transcript as well as every other LTCWM podcast episode.
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for tuning in! Remember, you can listen to the Learn to Code With Me podcast on the following platforms:
If you have a few extra minutes, please rate and review the show in iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show. I would really, really appreciate it!
Special thanks to this episode’s sponsors
Flatiron School: If you’re looking for a career change, sign up for classes today at flatironschool.com. Don’t forget to take advantage of the special Learn to Code With Me discount and get $500 off your first month!